Be Our Guest
The Medical Center League House is a place of rest, comfort and support. We are more than a place to stay. Medical Center League House is your home away from home.
Click here to register.
Frequently Asked Questions...
Who is eligible to stay at the Medical Center League House?
- Guests may be referred by the hospital, clinic or other medical facility caring for them or their loved-one.
- A valid form of US identification must be presented upon check-in.
- Guests are usually from areas outside Amarillo, TX.
- Guests are at least 21 years of age.
- Children under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Guests may be caregivers or family members of patients receiving medical care or hospital care in the Amarillo, TX medical center area.
- Guests may be patients who are receiving outpatient care in the immediate Amarillo, TX medical center area.
- Guests who are patients must be able to care for themselves or have a caregiver staying in the House with them.
Are there a maximum number of nights that a guest may stay?
- A guest may stay at the League House as long as the medical issue that brought them to the League House continues (i.e. loved one is hospitalized, guest is the patient receiving care, etc.).
Does the Medical Center League House provide medical/nursing care?
- Medical Center League House is not a medical facility and the staff is not trained to administer medical attention. In case of a medical emergency, no matter how small, 911 will be called.
How much does it cost to stay at the Medical Center League House?
- The cost to stay with us is just $45 per night. The average hotel room in Amarillo is $70.00
- Payment methods include Visa, MasterCard, Discover and Cash. No personal checks, please.
What happens if a guest cannot afford the $45 nightly fee?
- For guests who may find the $45 fee more than they are able to afford, the League House will consider a decreased nightly fee.
What about smoking?
- For the safety and comfort of all guests, the League House is a non-smoking facility. There is no smoking inside or within 50 feet of the building.
What are the “Rules & Guidelines”?
- For the safety and comfort of all guests, the Medical Center League House requires that all guests be familiar and abide by the House rules & guidelines. Guests may be asked to leave if these are not observed. Rules and Guidelines brochure. We appreciate your help and consideration in following these guidelines.
What about my pets?
- For the comfort of all guests, we ask that you make arrangements to board your pet away from the League House.Service dogs are allowed with a non-refundable $50 cleaning fee.
Does the League House provide transportation to the surrounding medical facilities?
- The League House is served by multiple taxi services. We will be happy to call for you.
Click here to watch our video.
- League House has 29 standard guest rooms with two queen beds and a private bathroom.
- League House has 2 ADA, handicap accessible guest rooms.
- Rooms are set up like a hotel room, supplied with linens and is ready upon check in.
- Hair dryers
- Staffed 24 hours a day, every day.
- Guests and staff security are of the utmost importance. Doors are locked at all times. Guests must use their keycards to enter the building.
- WIFI available throughout the building.
- League House has a warm, welcoming great room for gathering, watching television, visiting with friends, playing games and puzzles.
- Kitchen includes a microwave, refrigerator and vending machines. Guests may store personal food and beverage items in the House kitchen.
- Dining Room
- Laundry room has two washers /dryers and available at no cost to our guests.
- The Jatawn Wells Prayer Garden offers solitude and a peaceful getaway.
- Pastoral care is available upon request
- The guests enjoy “quiet time” from 9pm-7am. Well supervised children are appreciated.
- Within one mile of the League House you will find a variety of restaurants. Eat out or bring your meal back to the League House. Please enjoy your meals in the dining room only.
- Meals are not served in the League House, but if needed local volunteers can help. Food and beverages may be brought in by the guests.